Opportunities at Bowlacre Home
We are now taking applications for the position of a ‘day carer’ to join our team at Bowlacre Home.
This is a temporary position covering maternity leave. See job description below. It is for 5 shifts out of the 7 day shifts & will involve weekend & bank holiday working. The standard shifts are Sunday thru Saturday, 08:00 to 15:00, and 15:00 to 22:00.
This position is open to all applicants; closing date to be announced. Please call in and pick up an application form.
Job title: Care Assistant Main purpose of job: To assist with the general day to day care of residents.
Responsible to: Team Leader / Manager, Qualifications : Preferably NVQ2 or equivalent Main tasks of the job are :
1. To assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet.
2. To help residents with mobility problems / physical disabilities including incontinence, and to help in the use of and care of aids and personal equipment.
3. To care for residents temporarily sick and needing care.
4. To help care for residents who are dying.
5. To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
6. To make and change beds; tidy rooms and do light cleaning; empty commodes.
7. To inspect, & launder residents' clothing.
8. To set up tables and trays, serve meals, feed residents who need help, prepare light meals and wash up, and tidy and clear the dining room.
9. To answer call bells, the door and the telephone, and welcome visitors.
10 To read and write reports, take part in staff and residents' meetings and training activities as directed as in the care standards.
11. To conduct all procedures within the home with due regard to the food hygiene and health and safety and all relevant legislation.